The Advantages of Wet Cleaning
How much do you know about what being an eco-friendly dry cleaner in Austin entails? At EcoClean we use an environmentally friendly form of dry cleaning known as wet cleaning that provides numerous benefits over traditional dry cleaning.
- Wet cleaning carries none of the health risks associated with long-term exposure to perc.
- Garments are cleaner.
- Wet cleaned garments will never develop that yellow look commonly seen on items that have been repeatedly dry cleaned with perc.
- Clothes don’t come home with residual amounts of harmful chemicals like perc, which off-gas and contaminate cars and homes.
- Clothes don’t have that stinky “dry cleaned” smell (again, toxic perc).
- Wet cleaning is often able to remove stains a traditional dry cleaner can’t fix.
- Garments fade less and the fabrics don’t incur as much damage from repeated washings.
- Wet cleaning eliminates the risk of perc contaminating groundwater.
- Neighbors are safer from air exposure to perc.
- Wet cleaning is more energy efficient than dry cleaning, resulting in a reduced carbon footprint.
To quote the Austin Chronicle on our Best of Austin 2012 award for dry cleaning:
“Instead of embalming clothes with toxic sludge, their gentle wet cleaning process leaves clothes cleaner, softer, and without that icky chemical smell.”
Wet cleaning eliminates the risks associated with perc, leading to a healthy workplace, community, and customers! We keep Austin clean AND green!